White buildings work perfectly in this almost Mediterranean setting. They are just what you would expect would be here. When the sun shines the white is so dazzling that I can hardly look at them and the homes, buildings and apartments reflect such heat that I look for all the shade that I can find when I walk down the ruas.
Then there are the Brights....equally dazzling on their own. Wow, what guts to paint a home or building this color. I wonder if our home in Claremont needs some bright color?
The above building is on the road from Olhao, where we live, to Tavira where we go to church.
Tavira
Paige, this green tiled building picture is for you. Tiled buildings are gorgeous. This one is in Lagos.
Tavira
I need to say, in case you think that I am always loafing on my mission, these picture were taken as we were walking down streets on the way to contacts, apartment hunting for the new set of sister missionaries in Lagos, getting water, gas and electricity turned on for said apartment. How can I help it if there is beauty at every turn?
One more that I can resist. Most of the buildings here are very old. But if you want to sell them, just put on a coat of bright paint and they instantly look great. Case in point, both of these buildings are the same age, one just has the great paint job. I can only imagine what they look like inside.
I've sure enjoyed catching up on your blog. Such beauty. I think I'd have to pinch myself everyday. What a wonderful missionary experience. What a blessing to you both, and the people in your area!
ReplyDeleteIt appears you are having a really wonderful cultural experience along with your mission. Thank you for being such examples of the believers. One thing for sure though - choir is not the same without you. We so admire you. Love you lots.
ReplyDeleteYes! Paint the house when you get home -- make it even more like a candy store. :)
ReplyDeleteI love that tiled building, it does remind me of Italian ones.
Utah could use a good dose of colorful houses.